Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HOMESICK

Making a call was the first thing stopped in my mind. I have to tell my family that I have reached Fresno because I believe they were worried about me. So I lent a phone to make a call to ce ria. She said she will be picking me up around 7pm. I was so glad. She is my hero, without her I really don’t know what I should do? Where should I go? How to get there? She picked me up and we had a dinner in down town burger restaurant. The burger was jumbo even I did not order the big one, as what people always say “everything in America is big” so do not order the large one, just take the regular size.

I could not wait to make a call. So I text ed them by using ce ria hand phone. I got to know that I have to pay a roaming if I send and receive a text message, and I have to pay if want to make or receive a call. Seem so materialistic right? We have to pay everything and the tax is around 9% for Fresno. I chose prepaid T-mobile and I did shop some foods in order to survive in few days. Back home, all I wanted to do was just call my family and ceku. I was so fed up because I could not get online as well. It was just so frustrating. It took a long time to get my number being activated and I guess I will not able to do that without my roommate hand. Thanks ce Reni.

With a desperate feeling, finally I called back home. I was crying because I just could not stand anymore. I never meant to drop my tears but it was uncontrollable, I was so happy that I could hear their voice from thousand of thousand miles away. It was just wonderful because I have been missing them even I just away for less than 3 days. Moreover, I miss ceku a lot. It’s hurt me because I can feel how far the distance between us. I did not call ceku, I just texted him because I did not dare to cry again. I have to be strong, cheering myself.

The next day, I went to church with ce ria and Hacer in the morning. That was great; because I could go to church once I reached Fresno. You know what? I realized how different America compares to Asia, from the living style, foods, tradition and many other things. But one thing I found the same is the church, where I found peacefulness in my heart, where I feel like I am home. Jesus is with me. I should not scared, I should not cry, I should be thanked Him because He always with me, I am not alone.

Ceku and Achin will be having on Tuesday. I prayed for them, wishing them all the best. Ceku called me that day after he came back from library. I was so happy. I think around 5 days after I arrived then only I could do video call with him. I feel like I have not seen him for 5 years! The first video call that we had was like a SPECIAL treatment for my desperation. How precious was the time that we had together! You know what? I wish I can meet ceku even for just a while right now. At least we still can see and talk to each other even for just for half an hour every day. Moreover, what I should do all the time is just say thank you to Jesus. We still can be together while we are apart. That’s good enough for me.

how precious was that time...


1 comment:

Anbuchudar said...

You blog too.... Happy.......... SO HAPPY....... Tooo.... HAPPY............................